Floral Blossoms & Springs

Hello, all! =) Here are a couple of cards that I made for this month's challenge over at Hero Arts Blog/Flickr Group. The challenge theme for June are Thinking of You, sketches and the featured technique is Dry Embossing with Die Cuts. You can see all the details here.


My first card is stamped on watercolor paper with watercolor technique and very bright. =) I stamped Tartan Background with Squeezed Lemonade (from Spring Seasonal Distress Ink Pad set) on the back of the watercolor paper (yeah, made boo boo on the right side...), I brushed the stamped image with a wet brush to soften it up a little.


The beautiful roses from Floral Blossoms set is stamped with Barn Door and the sentiment from Made with Love set is stamped with Black Soot distress ink.


For my much mellower second card, I tried de-bossing with die cut. I cut two springs from the Frames with Springs Framelits set with cardboard. I found that cardboard like cereal boxes works better for this technique than corrugated cardboard since after embossing, the "corrugated" part of the cardboard shows on the embossed/de-bossed areas. Or you can see Shari Crroll's technique video here and use a few layers of cardstock die cuts to make your custom "cardboard."


After de-bossing the cardstock panel with the die cut springs, I stamped the matching stamp in the de-bossed areas for a faux letterpress look. I have to say that I love this fun technique! I also found that solid images work better for the faux letterpress technique.


The sentiment is from Find Joy set. I know I cheated on the card designs, but they were really fun to make! =)

That's all for today. Hope you have a beautiful day, my friends! =)



Thanks for stoping by!


supplies:
for "Thinking of You" card:
cardstock: (white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers, (kraft) Papertrey Ink
rubber stamp: (Tartan Background, Floral Blossoms) Hero Arts
clear stamp: (sentiment from Made with Love set) Hero Arts
dye ink: (Squeezed Lemonade, Barn Door, Blak Soot) Ranger Industries
accent: (clear gems) Hero Arts
card size: 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"


for "Find Joy Everyday" card:
cardstock: (Terracotta Tile, Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
rubber stamp: (Springs from Frames with Springs set) Hero Arts
clear stamp: (sentiment from Find Joy set) Hero Arts
dye ink: (Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest) Papertrey Ink
fiber: (burlap string) May Arts
accent: (pearl) Recollections
die: (spring) Hero Arts/Sizzix
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft, cardboard
card size: 5" x 3 1/2"

Comments

itsallrosi said…
these are gorgeous!

the yellow and red on the first card are so summery!
~amy~ said…
both of your cards are so pretty!!!!
Oh wow did you stamp that tartan yellow background? I thought it was a paper! What an amazing job and I can't even spot where you stuffed it up? hehe. I love the second one too...the depth on the branches is so pretty and the colours are lovely :)
Virginia L. said…
So beautiful, Alice!! Love the stamping with water color with the first one! And the second one? The embossed effect is perfect. The card is gorgeous with your own chipboard! AWESOME job!!
BabyBokChoy said…
Oh these are different from your usual cards! and I love them!!!
Kara Lynne said…
Both cards are wonderful. Your techniques are amazing. Your are one VERY talented lady!
Monika Reeck said…
I agree this is different than your usual Style dear and also stunning card...big hugs
Karen B. said…
Both of these are so beautiful , Alice, and really showcase your diverse abilities!
alexandra s.m. said…
Beautiful cards Alice and I'm so inspired when I come and visit you!
Thank You!!
donna mikasa said…
Love these!! The pairing of the tartan BG with the roses is awesome, and I love the embossed images on the second. So very cool!
Merry said…
Such a fantastic technique....beautiful work.
Erum Tasneem said…
hey, wonderful cards and congratulations. I won the fresh face and just wanted to know if you heard back from hero arts? I have written to them twice now and havnt heard back. Please let me know if you have.

Popular Posts