Penguin In Summer & Scrap RDV

Happy Thursday, every one! Hope you are having a lovely week so far. =) I am so honored to be invited to guest design for Scrap RDV. This is a blog created by three blog friends where they share their passion of scrapping.

Here is the challenge that I came up with for the guest designing post. 


Ok, I have to admit that I created the sketch after the card was made. You may already knew that I have this weird condition of not being able to follow sketches (not even my own), so I figured that the safest way is to create the sketch afterwards. And of course I can't even draw straight lines let along circles... =) Here is the card:


Don't you love that adorable penguin? I just adore him! =) I found this image called Penguin In Summer 01 at Torico's Etsy shop Birdie Brown.


The penguin is printed on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock, cut and embossed using a Standard Circles Large die then colored with Copic markers.


The patterned paper is from the Good Day Sunshine collection by My Mind's Eye and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

My big Thank You to Alexandra for inviting me, I am so excited and honored to guest design for this fabulous blog! =) Please see my guest design post here. Hope you can play along with my sketch and please visit Scrap RDV for fun ideas and projects! =)




Thanks for stopping by!




supplies:
cardstock: (kraft card base, white) Papertrey Ink
digital stamp: Birdie Brown by Torico
stamp: (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
patterned paper: My Mind's Eye
ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
buttons: Papertrey Ink
corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers
die: Spellbinders
die-cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape, foam squares
Copics used:
penguin: C9, C7, C5, C3, Y38, Y35, Y32, W1, W00, 0
ice cream: E35, E33, R24, R22, RV42, E51, E50
ice: B000, B0000, 0
card size: 4 1/4" x 4 1/4"

Comments

Maria Therese said…
Love it!!! And the cute penguin really put a big smile on my face ♥
debby4000 said…
Oh this is so cute Alice
luv
Debby
Susie said…
Love the sketch and the card. I always love all of Torico's images.
yyam said…
Oh my! This little fella is just too cute!!!:)
Cheri said…
Adorable card. Your coloring is so amazing...you bring the object to life. Thanks for admitting you can't/don't follow a sketch. Same for me.
itsallrosi said…
great sketch and I'm really liking the stamp. I didn't know about this shop. Too cute!
BabyBokChoy said…
That birdie is just dripping cuteness, i so want to take a bite out of him!
Jeni said…
Love your sketch Alice! This image makes me giggle, too cute. Fabulous card. ~jeni :)
Mimi said…
Fabulous sketch Alice! Love that cute penguin and his ice cream!! Have a great day! ;)
donna mikasa said…
Fab sketch, Alice! And such an adorable card! Torico will love seeing the spotlight on her penguin! Cuteness!
Clare said…
LOL, Alice!! That penguin is SO funny! Love that funny look she's giving the recipient of the card - too cute! Love the sweet papers and buttons!
Maylee said…
Love that penguin and the sketch is fabulous!
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! That image is the Cutest......Hugs!!
Helle said…
this card is soooo sweet!!!
Karen B. said…
This is downright adorable!
Tyggereye said…
great sketch. I LOVE That penguin. What a cute card!!
Mariana Grigsby said…
Wow Alice, the penguin is so cute! and the sketch is fabulous too! :)
Kathy Martin said…
Super cute AND yummy!
alexandra s.m. said…
Thank YOU Alice!
Love your card and sketch!!
We're having tons of participants!!!

MERCI ;o)
Beate said…
Alice, I LOVE your sketch and I LOVE your sample. Beautiful coloring, awesome paper choice and stitching. Wonderful card.
Hugs and smiles
Virginia L. said…
You rock with this sketch, my friend! Love your guest design with Scrap RDV!! Off to check it out...:)
Brenda said…
Absolutely gorgeous Alice! Love the Penguin and your sketch!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Too cute!! I'm always on the lookout for new and different penguin stamps, this would do it!
Petti said…
Love this sketch!

Popular Posts