Uru and Candycane

Is it really bad that it's this close to Christmas and I am still making/posting holiday cards? I know! I am in big trouble... =)


I made this card for Challenge #94 over at the Whiff of Joy Challenge blog. There is a lovely sketch to follow for this challenge.


I used the adorable Uru and Candycane for my card. I just adore this gnome! =) After coloring and cutting the image out, I masked Uru then inked the piece with antique linen and tea dye when the piece was still in the die. Hero Arts' Music Background is then stamped over the image using antique linen.


The patterned paper is from Memory Box's Tinsel collection and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

That's all for today. Have a fabulous day, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: (Uru and Candycane) Whiff of Joy Stamps, (Music Background) Hero Arts, (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
patterned paper: Memory Box
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, Time Holtz Distress Ink
seam binding: Hug Snug
pearls: Recollections
dies: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread
Copics used:
skin: E01, E00, E000, R20
outfit: E25, YR24, Y26, Y21, R89, R85, R83, YG67, YG17, YG03
holly: R89, R85, YG67, YG17, YG03
candy cane: W1, W00, 0, R89, R85, R83
card size: 5" x 5"

Comments

itsallrosi said…
I'm still making cards, too :) this one is too cute!
donna mikasa said…
I'm pretty much done with making them...now I have to send them! Love your Uru cards--so adorable! I love the patchwork background on this card...perfect!
cashemere said…
Hi Alice!
I love christmas cards. And yours are so cute!!! Like I always say, you´re fantastic!!! Here in Brazil is so hot, we go to the beach every
weekend.
Kisses and happy holidays for you and your family!
Tyggereye said…
Thats great. I love the mismash of pp on the background lovely
*Michaela* said…
Oh, my! This is gorgeous!!!
Beautiful coloring - as always!
Hugs,
Michaela
Nancy said…
I love this whimsical card, Alice. So adorable. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Anonymous said…
WONDERFUL!!! :)
BabyBokChoy said…
I didn't know there are rules on when one can post certain cards!! I would think you can post holiday or any cards any time all year around!! :) Beautiful one!!
CinnamonSally said…
This is gorgeous Alice, love your combination of papers and a cute image too. Have a Happy Christmas.
Hugs
Sally
Emily Leiphart said…
Heehee, not to worry. I'm in the same boat as you with the late card making and posting! This is beautiful! I really love the shape of the nestie you chose for this beautiful card. Happy Holidays, Alice! :D
Niki Estes said…
Very pretty! I love the subtle sheet music behind the image!
Tiffany Ervin said…
So cute, love it! I wouldn't worry about x-mas cards being late. I have this friend who lives in another state and she always sends out her cards in January, she says it makes it less stressful and she can combine x-mas and new years together...not a bad idea! :) Happy hugs to you!
alexandra s.m. said…
Another Beauty Alice!! Love that shading ;-)
Diane Jaquay said…
This is super adorable, love that image, and love all the different patterned papers you used on this card!
Shirley N said…
Beautiful Alice, I love your DPs and your layout! Gorgeous coloring too!
Tasha said…
Oh these papers are delicious Alice! The layout looks fabulous and the colours are gorgeous. Great image too
love tasha xx
Courtney K said…
love all the layering and stitching on this one!
Tracey said…
ALICE ALICE ALICE!!!! I am so speechless....WOW!!! girl you make my jaw drop at every visit to your blog!!! LOVE this card so much!! Happy Holidays to you and those you love :) HUgs,
TRace
ChickieChirps said…
I'm still making Christmas cards too... even though I don't really need them... there are just so many gorgeous Christmas images around!
I LOVE this card. I have just ordered this stamp, so I am looking forward to using it next year!

Arabella
lauren bergold said…
HA! YES! i have, in other years, made cards UP TO and even sadly AFTER christmas!!! i'm hoping to reform in a BIG WAY next year--stef and i are makin' a VOW, actually; you can come and be a jingle belle with us! :)

in the meantime, i have to say there is NO ONE with working eyes who'd mind waiting a bit to get a holiday card as adorable and appealing as this miss alice!!! ♥
Suzanne C said…
So sweet and adorable! Love those gnomes and this one is fabulous.
B said…
So lovely! I wouldn't mind a card like this a little late! :) Just fab with the music bg!
Janetcraft said…
love the gorgeous card!! the colors are so FAB!
Janetcraft said…
love the gorgeous card!! the colors are so FAB!
Sanne said…
What a great mix of papers Alice - make a perfect background for you cute image! Merry Christmas sweetie!
Michele Roos said…
Such a gorgeous card Alice. Love the colours you've used and the image also. Thanks for joining in with the WOJ challenge. Hugs Michele x
Anne H. said…
Your card is wonderful!
An adorable image, beautiful colors and so many lovely details. Great take on the sketch.
Thanks for joining us at WOJ-Challenges.
Happy New Year!
Anne
Manuela said…
Stunning card, Alice! I just love all those papers you've used! ♥
Thank you for joining us at Whiff of Joy challenge blog.

Hugs,
◄Manuela►

Popular Posts