two holiday cards to share

I made two cards for the "Add on some fun" challenge over at the Hero Arts Blog. It's all about digging out and using the accessories that you have sitting around your craft room!

I resized (he is about 5" tall) and printed out one of the handsome penguins from the Hero Arts Penguins digital kit. I then colored one of the hats from the Holiday Dolls clear set then cut it out for Mr. Penguin.

This is the second scarf that I knitted for him. The first one was too bulky and too long besides, Mr. Penguin thought that it was a little too girly with the fringes. So I made him another one. He is happier with this one. Phew! The sentiment inside is "Merry Christmas."

After seeing Jennifer McGuire's video on Enhanced background stamping over at 2Ps, I just had to get inky again!

I clear-embossed the background first then colored it very lightly with both Broken China and Peeled Paint distress inks. The pink strip was done using the tone-on-tone embossed background technique with Worn Lipstick distress ink.

And I used eyelets in this card! Do you remember when the last time was that you used an eyelet in any of your projects? I couldn't! I was excited to be using them again! =)

Well, that's it for now. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
for penguin Christmas card:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Hero Arts, Hero Arts Digital
ink: Memento
markers: Copic
glitter glue: Stickles
pearl: Michaels
yarn: Misti Alpaca Lace

for snowman Christmas card:
cardstocks: Papertrey Ink (card base), Neenah Classic Solar White
stamps: Hero ARts
eyelets: Making Memories
punches: Fiskars
glitter glue: Stickles
twine: Michaels
Copics used: R32, R20, R11, YG63, G82, G40, B000, B0000

Comments

Sanne said…
loool....you certainly did add some fun to these cards Alice - look at that penguin with hat and scarf and all..........fantastic!!!!
Have a great day!
Sanne
Maylee said…
oooh Alice...love it! The scarf looks so cute on the penguin! LOL..those eyelets are collecting dust in my closet!

I think the commenting is working for me now!
Julie Ranae said…
Alice ~ so nice to hear from you again and thanks so much for the kind comments on my cards. I have to say...that penguin is just adorable! I am on my way to forward your link to Sarah, our new design team member..she and I ADORE penguins in all shapes, sizes and state of dress! Very sweet!
Kelly Booth said…
SO Cute Love both the Penguin and the Snowman....!!
Unknown said…
Wow, Alice! You are so talented in so many way!! Adorable cards, how clever of you! Love them!!
Sarah Anderson said…
What a wonderfully cute idea to give that penguin a real scarf!! I LOVE penguins and this one's great :)
Amy said…
LOL! Love Mr Penquin all bundled up! And even though he's picky about his scarves, he made a good choice, the scarf is incredible!
The embossed background on the snowman card looks so cool, I love it!
Awesome cards, Alice!
Carmen O. said…
Wow so very creative is your creation of Mr. Penguin and is fab scarf. Love the snowman card too and all the wonderful detail.
nancy demond said…
Alice - adorable card~love your cat
Anita Rex said…
Oh my goodness that penguin is lovely! What a scarf! Knitting! Amazing! Also love your background on your snowman card!
Oh...that penguin, with the hat AND scarf!! So comepletely and totally adorable! Clearly a win...win...winner! I'm glad I stopped by to see how the card opens...totally cool. I love penguins and have been admiring the penguin digikit from afar...it is now a must have! Thanks...for sharing and making me smile!!K
Tomo H. said…
Congratulations, Alice!!! So happy to see your penguin at HA blog just now! Well deserved win! :) The snowman card is also cute!!!

Popular Posts