one more card for "In Celebration of Learning"

Hi all!! Happy Sunday! It's going to get hotter here in the Bay Area the next couple of days... Hoping that I'll survive it...

Here is another card that I made for this week's "In Celebration of Learning" challenge at Hero Arts blog.

Jennifer McGuire's "Thinking Inking" classes at twopeasinabucket.com has been one of the biggest and most resourceful learning opportunities this year. I don't remember when the last time was that I got so messy, but was also so happy at the same time!

I printed out the digi - HA Dictionary Page and stamped the flourish on top of it. After clear-embossing the stamped image I distressed the piece with distress ink then flicked some water on it. The pink piece on the right side is made with alcohol inks. I love the techniques and different mediums that I have learned to use in Jennifer's classes. I know I'll be using them for as long as I will be crafting. Thanks Jennifer!

Another thing that I learned to do very recently was to color with Copic markers. I never had much confidence in coloring or using colors before this. Copic markers are so fun and challenging to color with that I forced myself to be brave and go for it. And boy! I am having so much fun with them, I just look for things to color in every card!!

The butterfly is from the digi - HA Flutterbies. I colored it with some Copic markers after printing it out on cream cardstock.

Thanks to Hero Arts blog challenges that took me on this incredible creative journey. I have learned so much since I started and am still learning and am looking forward to more!

ingredients used:
cardstocks, button, twine: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Hero Arts, Hero Arts Digital
inks: VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Adirondack Alcohol Ink by Ranger
embossing powder: Stampendous
punches: Stampin' Up (sentiment strip), Fiskars (corner rounders)

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

donna mikasa said…
what a wonderful journey, Alice! love your butterfly--will have to try coloring with Copics. love the pink/green/brown color combo, too.
I'm a big fan of Jennifer's TI classes, too. Hope she has more!
Vanessa said…
Great color combo, Alice! Love distress inks, too, I am so thankful for what we have learned in the Thinking Inking classes! Great card!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Stamping Cafe said…
This is totally gorgeous, Alice!! Love your color combo and the design!! You ROCK!!

I love Jennifer's TI classes, too!! So thankful for Jennifer, hope she will has more!
Tomo H. said…
Absolutely beautiful, Alice! Loved 'Thinking Inking' classes, too! I sometimes visit and see them even now.
Jane said…
wow...how long was I away!!!!!! just GORGEOUS!

Popular Posts